| Contact | 866.797.JODY

Popcorn: A Much-Loved and All-American Snack

Americans have loved popcorn since the very beginnings of our country. In fact, popcorn existed for thousands of years before the United States was formed. Native Americans introduced the healthy snack to colonists who were very happy to start enjoying popcorn as part of daily life.

Each American, from children to older adults, consumes 51 quarts of popcorn each year. A whopping 70 percent of those quarts are enjoyed at home. The rest, only 30 percent, is eaten in movie theaters, sports arenas, carnivals and at other public venues. In total, over 16 billion quarts of popcorn is enjoyed by the people of the good ol’ U.S. of A.

With all of Jody’s Popcorn flavors to choose from, eating so much popcorn does not have to be boring or “plain.” Regardless of whether eating savory or sweet varieties, it is clear that almost all of us are happy to indulge in this all-American food.

Because popcorn is so widely enjoyed, Jody’s Popcorn makes a great gift.

0 comments

Leave a comment

All comments need to be approved by the shop owner.

Back to Top